Thursday, September 11, 2008

ITunes 8


If you haven't downloaded itunes 8 yet I suggest you do so immediately. The new Genius function is . . . well it's pure genius. Basically it allows you to pick a song in your music library and automatically (well with one click) builds a playlist 25, 50, 75 or 100 songs long all with similar sounding tunes from the original song you picked.

I've only ever built one playlist before because to make one I basically went through the tedious process of running through my library and picking songs one by one. I guess that's why my running (yes I do excercise) playlist has a weird list of songs in it everything from Sting to Rent and Lenny Kravitz and Michelle Branch in it. Now I get a more consistent playlist going with the Genius function.

My latest one now has Chemical Brothers, the Prodigy, Crystal Method and Moby in it. Makes more sense right, and all that with one click.

Note however that you have to activate the Genius function by clicking on Genius on the left menu options in ITunes 8. This will then have Genius scan your music library so that it can make intelligent choices for your playlist.

Happy playlisting. Download Itunes 8 here.

No comments: