Monday, August 25, 2008

Iphone now in the Philippines . . .wooppeee?


Nope, the above pictures are not of a new Apple store in the Philippines, they are of the Apple Store on Stockton in San Francisco on the day the Iphone was first launched. We all know what happened, huge lines, long registration/purchasing process, etc.

That was back in July, now in August, the Iphone has come to the Philippines. Despite the excitement being drummed up by local fanboys however the launch here was not as "splashy". I went to a Globe store in the afternoon, there were five other guys there, no line, people just milling around. I did get to talk to a saleslady who confirmed that they had run out of units already although their store (Podium) was only allocated 20. Unlike the twisted process of buying one in the US, the Globe process was pretty straight forward and one could walk out with an iphone within 20 minutes.

I was tempted but the price of the unit was ridiculous, that and I wanted to see how it did on the Globe network first. I'll post updates ones I find someone who got an iphone from Globe.

No comments: